I have once again caught the "bug", the crafting bug that is. Recently I completed two new projects that I would like to share :]
{Potato sack wreath}
{Giant potato sack}
The first project is one that I made tonight, a wreath out of an old potato sack. I like the added pops of color that the printing on the bag added. I got the sack at Cal Ranch, which is a great outdoorsy store that has everything for decent prices. Instead of paying for burlap at a craft store, I got my giant bag for only $0.99! These are the moments that budget conscious crafters live for...
Items you need for this project: 1/2 Potato sack (or burlap), scissors, foam wreath (I got mine at Michaels with a 40% off coupon), and a hot glue gun. If you want to add bunting like I did all you need it twine and fabric triangles.
{Cut bag into 1 1/2"-2" strips & then start wrapping and glueing!}
{Finished product!}
{Happy door :) }
The second project was updating my seasonal shelves. Marty lets me update these shelves with each new holiday and/or season (this is so I don't go crazy and redo the whole house ;) ). Marty spent Friday night with his family at Sunridge (they're making great progress on building the shed for the future cabin!). So since I was all alone... I decided to have a little crafty-girly night and have some me time. So I took a trip to Michaels and then me and Norah Jones got our crafty on!
{Love it!}
I mod-podged another "a" because I ended up putting the other one on another shelf and I didn't want to move it. The rest of the decor pretty much came as-is. In case you can't tell the ball on the bottom shelf is a globe and I put a heart sticker over where we live. I like the neutral tones I chose this time, I think this set-up can go with many different seasons.
So once again, I have cured (or more like put a colorful bandaid on) my craft-dieased self and I'm loving my June projects!
(Thanks for putting up with me Marty :) )






Cute wreath! I dunno how much foam wreaths are... but if you're ever looking for something super cheap, you can get swim noodles at All a Dollar and just tape the sides together with the clear packing tape. And since you cover it anyway, nobody ever has to know!
ReplyDeleteThanks Alycia! That's a great idea! I'll have to try that sometime :)
Delete