Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life as an Abbott

A whole new world... 

Marty and I got Married about 2 weeks ago... 

We had a nice brief honeymoon in Salt Lake :) 

The day we got back we went sledding with our niece and nephew (I'm an Aunt! weird!) 



Kayla....


and Teyton... 


They're both such cute energetic kids! I'm excited for them to move from Hawaii to Denver, Colorado and be closer. 

Marty started a new job with the church working with the employment offices in Deseret industries. 

I started my first semester at Weber State University, after being an Aggie for almost three years. 
-When my business communications professor gave the assignment to write in one sentence what set me apart from other students at Weber State University, my response was: I'm a true Aggie, who married a Wildcat.  I think that makes me pretty unique... I'm starting to know my way around campus, but it's been an adjustment. 

We've been job hunting for me and apartment hunting for both of us :) We're currently staying with Marty's family just until we get everything settled. Layton is full of cute apartments ;) We're so grateful for Bruce and Karen giving us a place to sort everything out. And we're excited to have a place of our own. We'll be there soon enough :) 

We are making some new friends. On Sunday a few of the cute new couples in the ward ( or I should say the wives) got together and decided to plan a date night this week. So tomorrow night we have a date! I'm excited to get to know some people around here. I don't know anyone besides Marty and his family here. 

I spent an hour at the Social Security Office on Tuesday and officially changed my last name to Abbott! 
My life-long dream of having my initials be W.N.B.A. have finally come true! 
I am now Wendy Nicole Boswell Abbott.

Pretty much everything is different, but life is good :) I am happy, I love my husband, and I'm adjusting to our new life. We have a lot more changes and adventures up ahead but we'll never have to go it alone.  It's nice to no longer have a long-distance relationship with my best friend. Coming home to him every night is my favorite change.  ♥



A few pictures from our wedding photographer :D





*She's really good, you can't even tell that we were freezing in every picture! 





No comments:

Post a Comment