Our wedding was a very special day. I don't want to say it was the best day of my life, because the best is yet to come... but it was definitely a very special important memorable day...
We stayed the night before our wedding in the Crystal Inn in Logan, UT. Neither one of us got a wink of sleep the night before... I finally got up at 3 am and started getting ready because I couldn't take it any more!
My sweet new sister-in-law Bethany did my hair at 6 (the first of three times she would have to do my hair that day) and then we got everything else together and headed for the Temple :D
The temple was without question the best part of the whole day. I felt so relaxed and assured that I was marrying the right man, in the right way, and at the right time. I was amazed how calm I felt in the middle of all the wedding madness. I walked in as Wendy Boswell and walked out as Mrs Marty Abbott :)
We're MARRIED!!!
The weather was FREEZING! We had sideways wind and rain and snow while we were trying to take our pictures. We hung in for just a few pictures before we were soaked and decided to head down to the luncheon before it got worse.
We had the Luncheon at the Country Inn and Suites in Bountiful (where Marty used to work). Karen's friends were kind enough to have everything ready for us when we got there. The luncheon was nice and laid back and we got a chance to talk to our family and friends who had come so far to support us. :)
The Reception was held at This is the Place Heritage Park in Smoot Hall. Everything turned out beautiful and it looked exactly how I pictured it in my head... the only problem was the weather. Our reception with an expected 500+ guests ended up being a cozy little reception for family members and True Friends. We appreciated everyone who came so much! It was kinda nice because we were able to personally greet each of our guest and talk to them for as long as we liked.
Our cake! definitely my favorite part!
Cake toppers made by myself and Karen Abbott :)
so in love.. hehe
cutting the cake... fondant is so hard!
nice and gentle :)
muah*
our cake maker Marli!
Ice cream bar by Marble Slab
groomsmen
bridesmaids and flower girl
Teyton (our nephew) was too quick to get a good picture of him.
My parents :] THANK YOU!
Chelese! My lovely keeper of the sign in table!
Friends since birth :)
Jackie (twin/roomie)
Mrs. Crowther! Still my favorite teacher of all time.
My husband :D :D :D
First dance...
two is better than one.. ♫
What a day! One week ago today :) I love my husband/best friend! ♥
Thank you SO SO SO much to all who came and helped with our day :)
*There are many who are not pictured who were also awesome supporters.
* Also I will post more pictures when I get them from the photographer-these were taken by my mom and sister :)
I am so excited for the rest of our lives! So many adventures to come! :D









































No comments:
Post a Comment