Friday, July 27, 2012

Journal of July (in which I write about an entire month in one post)

I can sum up this month in one word. CRAZY! I feel like so much has happened this month and I don't want to forget it all so I'm going to do a quick July recap all in one blog post.

First of all, this month started with a bang when we officially decided to move! We are only moving only 5 minutes away from where we are right now, but it's been a whirlwind of trying to live out of boxes and still function (hobo style).

{4th of July decor, yes I used the flag beans idea I saw on Pinterest}

We celebrated the fourth with a day trip to Sunridge, followed by a weekend at Bear Lake. At Sunridge it was just the two of us (plus buddy the dog) and at Bear Lake we were lucky enough to spend time with several family members on my mom's side (unfortunately I didn't take any pictures at Bear Lake, but we had a great time). 

{Buddy was ecstatic to spend the day with us}

{We were pretty happy to have him along for the ride too}

{We just love this goofy dog}

{Despite the heat and bugs I really enjoyed spending a day off with two of my favorite boys}

The next few weeks after that were filled with lots of work for both Marty and I. I am loving my new job and I can't believe I've almost been there for 3 months already! And Marty has now been at his job for over a year! Where has the time gone? 

Fast forward to last weekend (July 21-22): we went to Sunridge again, this time for an Abbott family campout! We had all of the Abbotts there except one (Corey is currently serving in Kuwait). 

{The shed aka "mini cabin" is almost finished!}

{It was fun and a little nuts to have 11 people and 5 dogs all together for the weekend}

{Karen brought up fun crafty things so we could all make our "family trees"}

{no, we didn't match on purpose}

Marty and I had fun bonding with his family and we celebrated another engage-a-versary on Sunday the 22nd- it's been 2 years since we got engaged! 

{now we're just (im)patiently waiting until we can move!}

It's been an unexpectedly busy month, and I'll be a little relieved when we're settled into our new place and everything calms down. This post may not even look that crazy or busy, but that's because those are the moments when I am so crazy and busy that I forget to pick up the camera. There's always so much more life behind-the-scenes, ya know? I think August will be a great month ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun month! Good luck on your move . . . Let us know when you are settled - We'd love to get together with you again for another game night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, we would love to get together with you guys again and meet June bug :) We'll get in touch when life gets a little less crazy.

    ReplyDelete