Friday, August 17, 2012

All the small things

I have now been at my job for over three months and for some reason I thought that being a professional blogger/content writer would make me a better blogger here... Instead I feel like after writing 8 blog posts a day for various companies I have no energy or creativity left over for this little bloggy of mine. It makes me sad that some weeks and months are falling through the cracks, it's not that anything amazing has happened, it's just little day-to-day memories that I am not recording. Anyways I guess my message in this post is that life is what we make it. Life is all about balance and checking in on yourself every so often to see if you're still on track for happiness.

Thanks to modern technology not all little memories as of late have been lost.. here are the little moments I thought to capture:


{Keys to our old apartment}
We started this month with a bitter sweet move out of our apartment and into Marty's brother's condo. I like to refer to our new home as more of a cottage rather than a condo. Eventually I will post some pictures of our new place... Eventually. 

{Ghetto Blaster}
We sure know how to live in style even when our life is packed into boxes.. haha. 

{Sniff and her strange sleeping positions}
Scratch and Sniff are doing well, actually they're the best they've ever been. There was something about the move that made them realize that they can trust us and they've been acting like actual pets lately. I've been cracking up at Sniff's many terribly uncomfortable looking sleeping positions. 

{Sniff on her back with curled toes.. while Scratch sleeps on top of Sniff's head..}

{Sometimes nocturnal Sniff wants to play in the middle of the day}

{Happy together tour & Daddy daughter date}
I can't believe I forgot to post about this earlier! I got to attend an oldies concert at the Sandy Amphitheater with my dad on July 17th while my mom was in Cali for my cousin's wedding. This band was our favorite other than the Turtles. This pic was when the lead singer/bass player was performing a face-melting solo- he seriously looked like Jack Black in School of Rock. My dad and I kept cracking up at his facial expressions. Thanks for the date under the stars dad! I sure enjoyed it :)

{Bear Lake Marina State Park}
Last weekend Marty and I headed up to Bear Lake to spend some time with my "Gramma" Carol. We had a nice time catching up with her and accompanying her on her morning walk. We also took a tour of the Bear Lake Marina and of course we got Bear Lake shakes to eat on the way there. 

{Crazy Carp}
While we were at the marina we saw these fish swimming right by the dock. I edited the picture like this because these fish looked like they were having a party with their feeding frenzy. There is a fish food dispenser that tourists could put quarters in to feed the fish, so these fish were in heaven with an endless supply of food. 

{Shattered back window}
Last week while Marty was at work his window got shattered from the wind blowing rocks around.. this is the downside of working in a pit full of rocks.. We've had some awesome luck with windows lately... not! We replaced his window last week and I replaced my windshield today because it wouldn't pass inspection without it :P I think we're windowed out for a while. 

{Bike Ride and the Ogden Botanical Gardens}
Marty and I took a beautiful bike ride along the Ogden River on Monday and we decided to stop at the botanical gardens on our way back. It's just a small little place, but it's gorgeous! I want to go back and take better pictures there someday. 





{I adore this purple wall and yellow bench}

So there you are. An update of all the small things in our life right now. I think the small things mean the most when life is so full of big things. Being busy is great, but stopping and smelling the roses once in a while is one of life's greatest joys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment