Sunday, July 5, 2015

America's pastime

Our 4th of July this year was all American. We had the works: family, food from the grill, fireworks, and baseball. We loved celebrating the 4th with so many American traditions this year. No matter what the news says, we're still proud (and grateful) to be American and live free in this beautiful country.




It started raining about half way through the game, but that didn't stop us from having fun :) 


My favorite between-inning entertainment skit was a race between six people dressed as produce. The banana won, in case you were wondering. 

Family "groupie" 

This game was also monumental for me because it was my first time back to a Bee's game since I was hit in the teeth by this very ball about 15 years ago.. We had a close call in this game when another foul ball shot in our direction. Luckily, it ended up being high enough that it sailed over the wall of the park, and I was able to avoid a reunion with the Bee's medics. 

The fireworks were outstanding! They had an amazingly well coordinated display and I knew it was a good show when I thought we had seen the grand finale several times before the real one. Everyone's favorite part was the giant fans of fireworks that appeared throughout the show. 

Such a great night :) 

Happy independence to all... and to all 'Merica! 

No comments:

Post a Comment