Last night for my ward's Relief Society activity we had a service night, and of course that means there was a potluck feast to go with it. I signed up to bring rolls and I decided to try a new recipe from the Lion House Lite cookbook I checked out of the library last week. I will definitely be making them again, I have to find the perfect recipe for Thanksgiving (I'm in charge of rolls so I don't want to disappoint). I got pretty good reviews and I promised to share the recipe so here it is ↓
Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls:
1 package (1 scant tablespoon) active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (110-115°F)
3/4 cup low fat milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons light margarine, softened
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand for 5 mins. Beat in milk, egg, margarine, sugar, and salt. Add white and whole wheat flours and mix well. Scrape dough into center of bowl, forming a ball. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Stir down the dough and spoon it into the muffin cup, filling about half full. Cover loosely and let rise about 30 mins. Bake at 400°F until light brown, 15-20 mins.
*Makes 12 rolls
11 years ago
Yahoo! Thx ;)
ReplyDelete