Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we went over to the Abbott's house. All of 3 of Marty's siblings (+ Marty) + their spouses (4) + parents (2) + 2 kids + 3 dogs = one full house! We had a great time catching up and getting stuffed full of delicious Thanksgiving favorites. Everyone brought a different part of the Thanksgiving feast, I finally found the perfect dinner rolls to bring (Thank you pinterest). You can find the recipe HERE.


It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a crazy kitchen :] 

This was my first Thanksgiving without my family and I really found myself missing them. Our family tradition was to always go down to my grandma's house in St. George, but this year my parents and sister went without me. This year also felt a little off because my brother is on a mission. It's funny how holidays make us realize change more than other ordinary days. I guess I'm just a sucker for traditions. I am excited, however, to start new traditions in my new family. This was my first Thanksgiving actually spent with Marty, even though this is the third thanksgiving that we have been in each other's lives. Since meeting Marty 2 years ago (November 21, 2009) I have fallen even more in love with this time of year because I remember all over again all the magic that was in the air as we were falling in love. I remember the first Thanksgiving Marty was in my life, he was just some guy I met at a dance party and I was texting him during Thanksgiving dinner. I loved that Thanksgiving so much because I had a new cute guy in my life, and my family all came up and made Thanksgiving in my apartment at Utah State because I had to work the next day so I wouldn't be able to go to St. George. I felt so special and loved because everyone rearranged their plans for me. The second Thanksgiving with Marty, all I could think about was our wedding. My grandma made my wedding dress and I didn't get to see it until Thanksgiving. I was so nervous because our wedding was only a month a way and I couldn't believe I hadn't seen the dress yet! It seems kind of silly now( I have grown up a lot this year) But I can't help but feel a little nostalgic this time of year. 

I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude for all the amazing people in my life. I am especially grateful for my husband, this year I have learned to love and trust another person more than myself. I am grateful for my family, all of them. I am grateful for my immediate family, my extended family, and now my family-in-law. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, I don't know where I would be in my life with out it. I am also grateful for the many great ward families that I've had a chance to be a part of. I am grateful for my friends, I have friends from so many stages of my life and I am grateful for the contribution each one of them has made to my life and for their good examples. I am grateful that Marty and I have both found employment in this down economy. I am just so grateful. I don't know how I could ever express all the things I am grateful for. I find new things everyday that I am grateful for. So Thank you to all of you. Thank you to all the people who have supported Marty and me every step of the way. I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment