I haven't posted a recipe on the blog in a while (mostly because I've been too busy to make anything from scratch). I found this recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza Pinwheels on Pinterest (originally posted HERE) last night and I had the urge to try it for dinner tonight. This recipe is husband tested and approved and it's not hard to make although it is a little time consuming-about 2 hours from start to finish.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 lb. Pizza dough-I used my favorite recipe that I posted HERE.
- 1/2 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 Cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 Cup shredded cooked chicken
- 3 Tablespoons of cilantro
- 1/3 Cup finely minced red onion (I'm not a big onion fan so I left this out)
Directions:
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
- On a floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to a 12 inch x 15 inch rectangle. The dough should be about 3/8'' thick.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the BBQ sauce onto the dough. After you have a nice even layer of sauce spread the cheese, chicken, cilantro, and onions evenly over the dough.
- Once the toppings have been added, start rolling up the dough along the long side of the rectangle. For the best results, be sure to keep the roll tight, moving from left to right and back again. After rolling the dough place it seam side down on your workspace.
- Using a bread knife, gently cut the roll into 3/4” slices and place them an inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes until they are golden and fully cooked. Allow to cool slightly on the pan, then transfer to a plate and serve with additional barbecue sauce for dipping.
Enjoy! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment