Last night Marty and I went to a work party for my office at the Gray Cliff Lodge in Ogden Canyon. It was such a cute and cozy restaurant! It was originally built as a summer home in 1912 so it had an old-fashion charm to it. Even though steak was their specialty Marty and I both got their chicken and it was heavenly! Dessert comes with your meal so even though we were stuffed we got pie, Marty of course go the banana creme and I got the house special-oatmeal pie-Yummmm!
We also really enjoyed spending time with my boss Brad and co-writer Lany and their spouses :]
After dinner we all went down the street to our "rooms" at the Alaska Inn. Rooms is in quotes because we each got our own mini cabins! Marty and I had so much fun in our own little cozy cabin watching the snow fall outside our window. We stayed in the Glacier cabin which had polar bears and ice themed decor.
Our little cabin at night ⇡
Our mini cabin inside⇡ I especially liked the faux bear skin rug on the bed
I loved that the towel rack was shaped like moose antlers ⇡ (this makes me excited to decorate the Abbott cabin someday :) )
Nothing better than sipping Martinelli's in a warm cabin while it's snowing outside...
As if we didn't already feel spoiled enough, we got breakfast delivered to our door this morning! Best French Toast and hash browns we've ever had. And the view from our door was beautiful this morning!
We're so proud of Pongo... he made it through the night by himself with no problems :) He was pretty happy to see us when we got home and we caught him enjoying the snow when we took him outside.
Thanks for the awesome weekend OTM! We sure enjoyed a little unexpected get-a-way... Now all I have to do is survive finals!






No comments:
Post a Comment