Macaroons at Ladurée
This was my first experience with food in Paris.. French Macaroons from the Ladurée on the Champs Élysées. I would definitely put this at the top of musts for food/desserts in Paris. The middle picture on the right is the box of macaroons that we bought to try. Dark pink=Raspberry, Yellow=Lemon, Brown=*Chocolate, Green= *Pistachio, Blue=Marie Antoinette (tasted like fruit loops), Light pink= Rose (tasted like soap), & White= *Vanilla. *= Favorites.
Burgers at Hippopotamus
Sadly this was my first and by far the worst meal I had in Paris. We went here right after Ladurée so maybe my expectations were set too high... but I think we should leave burgers to Americans, let's leave it at that.
Pizza & Dessert from Les Pains Campaillou
We found this delicious little boulangerie (bakery) really close to school and we ate lunch there after my first french lesson so of course we ordered our lunch in french- I was so proud even though I probably sounded really slow...
Dinner Cruise on La Seine
Starters: Coeur de beuf, jambon de Bayonne, parmesan (Tomatoes salad, Bayonne ham and parmesan cheese- Top left pic). Main dish: Suprême de volaille, en croûte d'herbe, risotto vert (Chicken supreme with green risotto- Bottom left pic). Dessert: Pot de crème chocolat viennois (Chocolate cream with whipped cream- HEAVENLY, but not pictured).
Lunch in the Latin Quarter
The latin quarter is full of delicious little restaurants. We wandered into this little place while on a quest for lunch as the toothless restaurant owner ushered us in. I had a pureed veggie soup for my appetizer, poulet rôti (roast chicken) as my entrée, and mousse au chocolat for dessert ( I only took pictures of our desserts.. whoops).
Sorbet pêche à Berthillon
I ordered a peach sorbet at the world famous Berthillon in the latin quarter and it was incredible! TRAVELTIP: The real Berthillon is in the alley way behind the one that has the same name- the one out in the open is a copy cat.
Crêpes au Nutella ♥
French crêpes with Nutella... is there really anything better? The best one I had is in the left picture and I got it at a little place in front of the Eiffel right after I climbed to the top.
Lunch at Paul
These Paul bakeries are everywhere so we finally caved and got some sandwiches after the catacombs. I got a very traditional parisian sandwich with jambon, fromage, and brie (ham, cheese, and brie).
Club Sandwich au Poulet
Chicken club sandwich at a cafe after Musée d'Orsay. The sandwich was good, but I mostly just really liked the little french flags :)
Fauchon & Hediard Marketing Field Trip
We went on a marketing field trip to compare two direct competitors: Fachon & Hediard. Personally, I liked Fachon better, but they had a better selection of desserts.. so it wasn't really a fair competition. I bought two macaroons at Fachon (top row, center picture) Chocolate Praline and Almond- the chocolate one had a metallic sheen to it, very pretty.
Other regular sources of nourishment
The Carrefour near school provided many lunches- it was the closest thing the Parisians have to Wal-Mart. The Monoprix was a great source of other grocery needs since it was within walking distance to our hotel- the closest thing to it in America is Target. Finally, Vapiano became a favorite spot for dinner in La Défense. I could not get enough of their pizza and pasta!
Thank heavens I spent my entire time in Paris walking to burn the delicious calories I was shamelessly inhaling... My favorite meal of the trip (not pictured) was at a restaraunt called Niagara, I had the Lasagna Poulet (chicken lasagna) très délicieux! I did not eat any escargot and I only ate at Mcdonald's twice... So there you have it, my foodie adventures in Paris!











No comments:
Post a Comment