Friday, October 28, 2011

When life gives you lemons...

Make lemon bars! 

I found this SUPER easy recipe on pinterest and I knew I had to make them! Tonight was the perfect night too, because it feels like a life giving lemons kind of night. Marty has to go BACK to work tonight at midnight so that means after a stressful week for both of us we don't even get our date night Friday night (We're both looking forward to winter so Marty wont have to work such crazy hours).

So here's the recipe:


Yep, that's it. Two ingredients, angel food cake mix and lemon pie filling. I dare you to make it easier than that. All you do is mix the two together and bake at 350° for 20 mins. You can sprinkle with powdered sugar while they're cooling for a little more sweetness. 


I sang Marty a lullaby tonight to help him get to bed so early.. haha.. I don't really sing well but I was happy to remember one of my favorite camp songs↓

The Misty Song 
Tell me the reason I was born to roam,
Tell me the reason I am so far from home,
Tell me the reason only birds can fly,
Tell me the reason I was born just to die
.
How many mountains will I have to climb,
How many memories will I leave behind,
How many daydreams will I make come true,
How many heartbreaks until I find you?
There is a valley called Peace of Mind,
There is a river running right by it's side,
There is a moment of Glory so new,
There is Eternity to spend loving you.

So when life hands you lemons... 

sing your favorite songs, and make lemon bars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment