Saturday, January 7, 2012

Valentines craft date ♥

Who out there doesn't love an affordable and creative date? Well I for one, am a huge fan. Marty surprised me yesterday with a craft- themed date.  I am a huge sucker for crafts, so I was eager to see what new treasures I could make and find.  Marty gave me the challenge to decorate for Valentines Day with only a $5 budget. I knew I could conquer this challenge easily, (thanks to pinterest) I am unstoppable.  Our first stop was the dollar store, I got a picture frame and hearts on sticks = $2. Then we headed over to Walmart and I bought a small glass bottle ( I think it's a vinegar pitcher?) for $2.28. Total Cost: $4.28 + tax.

First I made this tree out of the lyrics of our song Two is better than one, printed from out printer= free (I used courier 9pt font if anyone's wondering). Then I hung our initials on the tree using twine that I already had, cost=free. I used paint chips for the hearts (cherry red wine) cost=free. Total cost = $1 for frame. This project was inspired by one I found on pinterest, you can find it HERE.  They wanted $72 + $15 shipping, total cost= $87! Personally, I like my $1 knockoff better. 
Next is my heart in a bottle, inspired by this pinterest idea HERE.  Again I used the same paint chips and twine=free, and the bottle was $2.28 at Walmart. How much did they charge? $18+ $3 shipping= Total cost $21! I think my bottle has a more unique shape to it and I made it for a fraction of the cost. 
Here's what it looks like all put together ♥
The only thing I did with the hearts on sticks ($1) was put them in a vase I already had. Not too shabby for under $5, eh? Thanks Marty for the fun craft challenge date! 

No comments:

Post a Comment