Last Thursday (December 29, 2011) was our one year anniversary! Usually I'm on the ball and have a post ready the day an event happens, but all last week I had a super nasty cold. Marty is an awesome husband and he took care of me while I was sick. We still went out to dinner to celebrate (a couple days early because we weren't sure what Marty's work schedule would be) so despite being busy and sick we got to celebrate. We decided to go traditional with gifts so we gave each other pictures = paper. We did save our wedding cake, but we couldn't bring ourselves to eat it after a year of frostbite, so we didn't keep all anniversary traditions. Our front door decided to jam on our anniversary... Marty was bringing home some soup for me and he ended up being locked out for over an hour until the repair man could get there and cut open our door! Luckily I was inside to let the repair man in through the door on the porch (he had to climb a ladder to our 2nd floor apartment). We had a blizzard on our wedding, so we're pretty used to December 29th being a day of curve balls.
I gave Marty a picture collage with our wedding date. I gave it to him about a month early... I was just too excited to hang it up! I also posted it HERE.
Our sister-in-law Jill made this adorable subway art sign for our Christmas present and Marty gave me the pictures and frames around it for our anniversary! I didn't realize how many pictures we had with umbrellas, but I love the way they go with the theme of "sun shine on a cloudy day".
I love how Facebook will remind you of your anniversary... no more excuses guys!
Thanks for all the support!
Thank you again to all who braved the storm a year ago!
A lot has changed this year...
but I can honestly say we love each other more now than we did then. ♥
Happy Anniversary to my sweet husband!





No comments:
Post a Comment