Thursday, December 2, 2010

A tribute to my time as an Aggie...

This is my 5th and final semester at Utah State University. This is the place where I became an adult and learned who I truly am. Going away to college was my first experience living away from home. I have learned how to deal with room mates, wash my clothes with coin-operated machines, make new friends with all kinds of people, I learned to adapt to constant change, and I guess I learned some academic stuff too...  The lessons I have learned here are priceless (although I'm sure my parents think they can put an exact dollar figure on it-Thank you for your support and this opportunity, it was money well spent). Utah State University was my Harvard. It's my dream school, and the only one I applied to. Both my parents were Aggies and the true blue blood runs back for generations before them. In High school I had no idea what I wanted to major in, then on a fateful day in April of my senior year, I went to an A day at Utah State and discovered the Hunstman Scholar program. I was immediately intoxicated with the idea of being a businesswoman. I threw together an application and by some miracle I was accepted in. Even though I was only a part of the program for the first year and a half of my experience at USU I gained a lot from the opportunity. I met Jon M. Hunstman and toured his HQ and made some friends that I still sit by in my business classes. The program wasn't right for me but it definitely put me on the right track for the rest of my education. I now have passion for what started as mear curiosity.

The friends I have made here are some of the best friends anyone could ask for. They kept me going when all I wanted to do hide from the pile of homework that was growling at me from inside my backpack. Many of them have transferred to other schools, graduated, and left for other reasons but I will never forget them. Every semester has been a filled with different people. It's funny how having a different class schedule opens your eyes to a whole new flood of people. Just when I think I'm starting to know a good portion of the students here I meet all new ones! This place is huge, and yet there are friendly faces everywhere you go.

I will always remember Logan and Utah State because this is where I met the love of my life. He doesn't understand my love for Aggieville but this will always be the place where we met and fell in love, so for that reason I believe this place has a special place in his heart as well.
After this semester I will be transferring to Weber State University and become a wildcat... but in my heart & soul I will always be a true Aggie.
Thank you USU and all the many many people who made this place my home for almost 3 years. I love you all.

Freshman year...





































Sophomore year...



















































Junior year...












Thank you USU and all my fellow aggies.. I love you and I will miss you.. 

3 comments:

  1. Wendy! This post just made my day! I sometimes miss being a freshmen! ha Really I just miss seeing you every day and our long talks/sunday walks. You are amazing and made my Aggie Days so amazing. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Wendy!!! I miss your smiling face!!! Thanks for being such a great roommate!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I miss my roomies! We had so many good times that I wouldn't trade for the world!!! :)

    ReplyDelete