ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!!!!!!
yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaya!!!!!
December 29th... you are finally going to be here!!!
I ♥♥♥ Martin Paul Abbott and I don't care who knows it! :D
eh-hem. okay I'm good now :)
... now I need to record the happenings of Thanksgiving break 2010.
Friday: Nov 19
I ran home from class. packed my stuff. Grabbed my brother Bryce. Drove home. :)
Saturday: Nov 20
2 Bridal showers in one day!
I had a ward shower in the morning hosted by my dear neighbors Diane Pearson & Jean Just. Both of them have known me since I was a little kid and they have always felt like family. There was a great turn out that was a mixture of my ward family and my mom's teacher friends. I felt so loved. Everyone in attendance had a story about me, I felt like I had actually left a hole when I left for college that I hadn't realized before. It was a funny feeling to look around in a room full of ladies who I have known my whole life and realize that they were some of my dearest friends. Some people had to travel quite a ways to be there and it meant so much to me that they would make the effort. Marty was cute and came with me, usually grooms don't even know when the showers are or even what they are, but he wanted to participate and support me and I was so glad to have him there. It felt more like a family reunion than anything else. It was nice to show him the people who had raised me and helped me become who I am. I realized the truth of the saying that "it takes a town to raise a kid" I had my town and they did a beautiful job of raising me :)
The afternoon shower started at 2 in the afternoon. It was a family shower hosted by Michele Larsen & Chelese Fasselin. Michele is one of my mom's oldest and dearest friends, they go way back and somehow their lives have been parallel enough that they have kept in touch. She was kind enough to offer to throw me a family shower because she realized that my mom only has brothers. Chelese is Michele's daughter and has been one of my best friends literally since birth. I am 9 days older than her and that's how long we've known each other. I always loved when our families would get together. We have the kind of friendship that can always pick up right where we left off. They both did an amazing job with the theme of the party. Michele and Chelese both understand my love of penguins and also my love of lime green. Their house was decorated so cute and the food was amazing! My mom and I went out to their house the night before the shower to help set up food and stuff - that was probably my favorite part. Chelese got married last January and somehow life has been so crazy that I haven't seen her since... but it was really nice to catch up with her and I even got to see her way cute apartment- It made me really excited for when Marty and I get a place of our own :)
The shower was way amazing and we played some fun games- Marty had to go out of the room for those...
Overall great food, and great company :) Again I felt incredibly loved and supported.
Me and Chelese :) BFFAE
Michele & Chelese wrapped our gifts according to the letter they started with and spelled out "penguins"
So cute! Example: P-Pizza cutter
THE FOOD!!! -you can't really tell, but there are rice crispies dipped in chocolate that look like little penguins!
We were 2 for 2. Two awesome showers in one great day! Now I just have to learn how to cook so I can use all the fun kitchen stuff we got... ;)
Sunday: Nov 21
One year anniversary of the day Marty and I met :D
The Great Gatsby Party will always be one that we remember fondly.
I love telling people how we met... our story is definitely one- of- a- kind.
All I can say is I saw him dancing and that's the last I've seen of my heart... ♫
Monday: Nov 22
A day for errands. I went around with my mom getting the things that needed to be done. Not all wedding planning is fun and breezy, there's a lot of work behind it.
I ended the day by driving up to Layton to hang out with Marty :) always a good way to end my day.
Tuesday: Nov 23
I Helped Marty make deliveries for his business experiment Neighbor 2 Neighbor. He has such an entrepreneur mindset and he's always trying to think of the next need he could fill and make a business out of it. Neighbor 2 neighbor was designed to promote local businesses in a friendly way from someone who actually lived in the neighborhood. Each business involved had the option to put their logo and company info on various household items like pens and magnets and then Marty delivered them in a packaged "gift" to their door. Pretty cool I thought. No I don't have to say that because he's my fiance... I mean it!
Later we went and met with an advisor from Weber State University. I will be transferring there in the Spring to be with Marty. It's been kind of a headache process to say the least. I felt comforted meeting with an advisor and getting some answers. I am finally a registered student! Although I will still always be a TRUE AGGIE!
That afternoon my family and I began our journey down to St George to spend Thanksgiving with my "Gramma" Carol. We beat the mighty snowstorm that hit everyone up north.
Missy and I started taking pictures to entertain ourselves after we had already been in the car about 4 hours... haha
Wednesday-Saturday: Nov 24- 27
Oh my goodness! We got so much done! My grandma finished my dress and altered it a little so it was perfect! AHHHH! I LOVE IT!!! It's better than anything I could have pictured. It's so beautiful and it's even more special because she made it :)
My sister and I went on a walk to the mall since my grandma lives down the street from it, and we had a blast just getting lost in the St George mall for a while...
Thanksgiving was delicious as usual... :)
I peeled about 63748216437869 potatoes.. or at least it felt like it at the time.
We had apple pie... mmmmm my favorite!
I pretty much ate till I was so full that I didn't eat till the next day.
Black Friday, usually a day where you wake up early, gird your loins, and go shopping... right?
Well for me Black Friday consisted of finding the finishing bridal accessories and taking bridal pictures.
Getting married feels a lot like becoming royalty. You get beautiful accessories, you get all dolled up, people take your picture, everyone asks to see the royal hand, and you're always the center of attention. It's lots of fun, but I'll be glad when I am back to commoner status.
I got some pictures taken at the pine valley chapel-which is cool because we're having our reception at This is the Place Heritage Park where there is a replica of the chapel.
& because we were in Southern Utah... I had to get some red rock pictures... so we took some pictures in Snow Canyon. I'm proud and relieved that I didn't get any red on my pretty white dress.
Here are some Bridal teasers since Marty can't see me in my dress for one more month ;)
My bouquet :]
The necklace I'm going to wear. It's my grandma's and I also wore it to prom :)
Missy modeling her bride's maid dress wearing the lime green wig my aunt Jean gave me because it was one of my wedding colors.. haha
Saturday we left St George and were lucky enough to have dry roads the whole way home. Once we were back I hurried and did my laundry and sealed all my wedding invitations and headed out for the Abbott's house. It was Karen's Birthday and I wanted to be there.
Sunday: Nov 28
Thanksgiving round two! The Abbott family decided to celebrate all holidays the Sunday after the actual holiday so their kids wouldn't have to worry about in-laws and deciding where to go for every holiday.
We ate a delicious feast after attending their ward.
I hate goodbyes.... I had to leave around 4:00 so I wouldn't have to drive in the dark to Logan.
It's always so hard to get up and leave when everything is so perfect. I'm just so relieved that we only have to endure the emotional roller coaster that comes with long distance relationships for one more month!!! WAHOOO!
My future sister-in-law/ old roomie :) Jill and I caravanned back to Logan. The roads were horrible and slick, but we got back in about and hour and a half. We passed several cars that had rolled over and many more that had slid off the road. We were very grateful to have made it back unharmed.
Monday: Nov 29
Back to school.... I had such an amazing break I never wanted it to end...
However, I woke up an hour before my alarm was supposed to go off because I was so excited that we are finally only a month away!!! :D haha I'm in LOVE. deal with it ;) ♥


No comments:
Post a Comment