Since our wedding is a little over a month away, I decided to cave and join the world of bloggers. It seems that everyone who is getting married or who is married has a blog in this generation. I didn't want to feel left out.. so here goes...
I'll start with introducing myself and my fiance' Marty with a top 10 list:
1. We met last November 21st at a Great Gatsby party (November 21st happens to be my dad's parents anniversary- it was fate). The party was hosted by the SigEp fraternity and we both admitted it was the most fun we'd ever had at a party. Marty asked me to dance and we danced to only one song that night. Right as he and his friends were about to drive home back to Layton, he ran back to get my number. Of course he didn't have his phone on him-now that I know him better this is a normal thing for him. I told him to get me something to write with and he cam back with a dry erase marker. Naturally, I wrote my number across his entire forearm (if he was getting my number, I wanted to make sure he wasn't getting any others).
2. Our first date was in the Utah State University Library. It was during finals week and I had a huge project due in one of my classes. Marty found out right off the bat that I am a total nerd, and that I wouldn't sacrifice my homework-no matter how cute he looked. He was a trooper and sat by my side for 4 1/2 hours (I was shocked when he asked me out for the next weekend).
3. Marty and I are best friends. I can talk to him about literally anything- and trust me, I do. He's one of the best listeners I have ever met. Of course I am always there for him too :)
4. We are both summer lovers! When we first started dating in the dead of a Logan winter we bonded over our love of summer and started making summer plans immediately. In January I decided to make a day of summer since it felt like the winter was going to last FOREVER. We had a picnic on a beach towel in my living room, and sipped lemonade from plastic coconut cups while basking under crate paper palm trees and a streamer sun.
5. We have always had a long distance relationship. Marty is from Layton, Utah. I'm from Sandy, Utah. I attend college at Utah State in Logan, Utah. The best part is that Marty lives half-way in between my two homes. No matter where I am, he's only an hour away. "In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged".
6. We are both Business nerds. I'm a Marketing/English person and he's a Public Relations/Communications person. We could easily go into business together someday...
7. We have strived very hard to always have the Savior, Jesus Christ, and the values of the LDS church be a part of our relationship. Our relationship is always better when we are living in harmony with the principles of the gospel. We are so excited to be sealed in the Logan Temple. Only a few more weeks!
8. We're dog people. I've never had a dog of my own, because my dad didn't allow it, but I have always had a soft spot for animals. There is something about dogs. You will never meet a person who almost falls over or wets themselves because they are so excited to see you. Dogs are the best example of unconditional love that I have ever witnessed. Marty has always had dogs. He reminds me of Gary Poulsen's book My Life in Dog Years. Currently he has 2 dogs, Buddy (chocolate lab) & Jenny (half yorky, half Chihuahua). They were with us when Marty proposed to me. We were out taking them on a walk at Fernwood in Layton. Marty lead me off the trail and distracted me, and when I turned to look at him he was on one knee with a ring in his hands... ♥ Jenny was the first "person" I told and hugged afterward.
9. Our families are awesome. From the first time he met my family last Christmas and the first time I met the Abbotts officially a few months later they have been so supportive of our relationship. I feel like I am gaining a second family. I can't imagine life with out them. And my dad has told me on several occasions that he is "not losing a daughter, but gaining a son".
10. I am the luckiest girl in the whole world. Marty makes me so happy. He has seen me at my worst and still calls me beautiful, & I never have a day go by without him telling me he loves me. We have a lot in common, but we balance each other so well. We've had our ups and our downs, but both make us appreciate each other more. I am so excited to start eternity with him. I can't imagine a better eternal companion. I love you Martin Paul Abbott.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment