Emotional Bank Accounts.
People either add or subtract from our accounts. He then gave us 5 ways in which we can add to someone's emotional bank account.
1. Understand
2. Attend to the little things
-respect, courtesy, sensitivity, etc.
3. Keep your promises
- Reality = the words you say
- are you trustworthy?
- "be loyal to those who are absent"
4. Communicate effectively
- "seek first to understand, then to be understood"
5. Apologize sincerely
- "if you're going to bow, bow deeply" chinese proverb
I thought these were things that if we all did them would make the world a better place. Today I am grateful for those who fill my emotional bank account. Or my "love tank" as other relationship books refer to it as. Thank you loyal friends near and far. Thank you family members. Thank you future family members.
And of course, I am especially grateful for my Marty. Today marks 11 months of being a couple. He is so attentive in making sure I have a full emotional bank account as well as a full love tank.
After one of our weekends together I told him that my love tank was full. and I explained that I am like a car that runs off love fuel :) I am blessed. I am loved.
I hope all who read this post will try to make a deposit instead of a withdrawal to the emotional bank accounts of those you come in contact with. I am making this a goal for myself as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment