My dad texted me on Friday and asked me and my brother to come home this weekend for something important but he wouldn't tell us what it was. Bryce and I dropped everything we were doing and loaded up my little car and went home. It wasn't until today that we found out the big news was that my dad got called to be on the bishopric for my home ward. Those who know my dad know that he does not enjoy being the center of attention. He has always been a very reserved and humble man. Today when he stood to bare his testimony I knew with out a doubt that his calling was inspired. My dad has such a sweet strong testimony. I've only been privileged to hear it a few times in my life, but when he speaks it is with such power that I do not soon forget the spirit that he invites. The cherry on top was when my Marty jumped up in testimony meeting and bore his testimony as well. I am so blessed to have such amazing priesthood holders in my life. The rest of the time at church I was told by every sister how lucky I was and how Marty was a keeper. yeah... I think i'll hang on to him ;)
This weekend was so special. I got to really go home for the first time in months. I got to spend time with the five people who mean the most to me.
I am so grateful for family and eternal marriage.
The lord is so merciful. He knew that we would come to earth and fall in love with our spouses and families. He loves us so much that he allows us to be with them forever as long as we do the few simple things he asks.
Leaving them today broke my heart. I know that I will see them again next weekend and I will get to spend the whole thanksgiving week with them. but, just to leave them for that long was so incredibly hard.
I have a testimony of this gospel. Of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that Christ lives. I know that through God's plan we will all live in an endless state of joy. I know the road to get there is long and bumpy, but I also know that it is worth the ride and we should find joy in the journey. I love my family. I love my future husband. I am a blessed and lucky girl and I have many people who love me. I can't wait to be with them forever.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment