Thursday, February 10, 2011

Called to serve

My little brother is going to be a missionary .

I'm beginning to wonder if life will ever feel real again.
When did we get so old and grown up?


Bryce's call arrived in the mail yesterday, and after 2 quick phone calls, Marty and I were on our way with my family to Logan to open a very important letter . . .

When we finally pulled up to Bryce's dorm we filed out of the car and into Snow Hall (my old stomping grounds). & After a long, slow ride up to the 5th floor we greeted the man of the hour. We waited anxiously as Bryce's fan club slowly piled in. Once all the 'important' people were accounted for, it was time.


Bryce tore open his big white envelope as we waited in suspense . . .



 




" you are hereby called to serve in the . . . 
Kennewick, Washington mission."
Just what Bryce and my family had hoped for. He'll be safe, eat good food, and speak english for 2 years.
Melissa made the wise crack, "now all you have to do is learn English. . . "

The Fam

To celebrate we went out for some "American" Cafe Rio. :)

We're all very proud and happy about Bryce's call.
I'm glad I got to be there, it's not everyday my only brother gets a call to serve. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment