I love reading old journal entries, they take me right back to that exact moment.
Last April I was so in love ( still am :) ) ... and all philosophical about it.. haha
Marty is truly an amazing man and an even better husband.
Here are my musings from about a year ago:
We grow up with big dreams and big ambitions; we wish to change the world. But it’s only when we grow up that we realize it is the people around us who are the world. The world as we knew it is a lot closer to home than we ever imagined.
Those who grow up to change the world give up everything close to home. You cannot be near and far. You must choose. I pick near. I choose the love of my family and friends, and most of all the love of a man who has changed me into someone who exceeds all expectations I ever had for myself. So we can go big and lead lives that impress others. Or we can be truly happy and have a small world in which we are a huge part of. The choice is always ours. I will forever be grateful to those who make the sacrifice to change the world on a large scale. But I would far rather be one who simply changes my world, and experience a love and happiness for which there is no close substitute.
Love is something you do not understand till you feel it, until you are holding it in your arms. Until it’s right there in front of you and you breathe in its sweet familiar smell. Love is when you would give everything you own just to see, your love, smile. Love is compromise and never letting anger escalate between you. Love is trusting and free of jealousy. Love is self-less. Love is a spiritual experience; it brings you closer to god because for the first time in your life you get just a tiny taste of how much love he feels for you. To a mere mortal, even that tiny taste of love is all encompassing. It spreads from somewhere inside of you. A sleeping beauty of your own, who once awake, opens your eyes to how asleep you’ve been with out love. You see things in a perspective you’ve never considered. You start to stick up for yourself, with people who have not loved you. Once you taste it, you cannot deny it. You are changed forever.

wendy abbott. love it.
ReplyDelete