I was never good at goodbyes anyways. I care deeply about the people in my life, especially my family.
Bryce, if I would have had the chance to give you a goodbye pep talk it would have gone something like this: I love you so much little brother. We have been through everything in this life together. I have always felt like we were twins rather than two years apart. I don't have a single memory that doesn't have you in it. I remember when you were a baby and you got a bucket stuck on your head and I helped you get it off. I remember I used to be your translator before you could speak. I remember helping you on countless school projects and proofing your english papers for you. I was so proud that you made it through your first year of college, and I was so proud to see how much your writing had improved. I have been there through your girl drama and all your other life problems. I loved going on walks with you and just shooting the breeze with you. I remember going on a walk with you two summers ago and you bearing your testimony so strong to me that it brought me to tears and I knew that you would be an excellent missionary someday. Today is that someday I thought would never come. I can't be there for you. I want to always be there for you because I am your big sister. Bryce, I have to turn you over to your big brother now. Our lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He will be the one who will help you through your every trial these next two years. It is so hard for me to see you go, but I have complete faith in our big brother. I know you will help many families find the kind of love that we have in our family. No matter what happens our family will be together forever. I love you and will miss you terribly. But I know that you are doing the work of the our Father in Heaven and our big brother will take care of you from here.
God be with you till we meet again...





awww man. isn't is so hard? i just dropped off my little brother a few months ago.
ReplyDelete