Sunday, May 22, 2011

Farewell

Remember how my not-so-little-little-brother was called to serve?


Well today was his farewell talk at church... Super weird! It's starting to feel more real that he's leaving. I was really proud of him today. He did an awesome job on his talk which lasted about 20 mins and he looked like he was as prepared as any missionary I've ever seen. My little brother is a man. I am so excited to reunite with him in 2 years and see him even more grown up. Even though he could be a pest sometimes he was always one of my very best friends. I'm going to miss him, but I know that he will be doing the lord's work and he will be in very good hands. Kennewick Washington is one lucky city. 


We had a great turn out at our house for the "after party". Bryce, you are loved by many great people. You have a lot of supporters back home who will keep you in their prayers for 2 years. 
One of my mom's friends gave her a plaque that I thought summed missionary work up really well: "missionaries leave their families for two years so that others may be with their families forever".  

No comments:

Post a Comment