Marty and I have been putting in a lot of hours at work lately so we decided to take full advantage of our day off and spend some quality time together at the Hogle Zoo! We had a great time walking around looking at animals from all over the world. It was also fun to see how much the zoo had changed from what we remembered as kids. There's a lot of construction going on at the zoo right now, unfortunately the penguin exhibit was not there because of it :( I know, it broke my heart a little. One of the additions to the zoo were some robotic dinosaurs that we found more distracting than cool, didn't everyone come to see live animals? Not fossils? Well maybe it was just us...
Here's some of our favorites from the day:
Marty's favorite of the day
Sweet baby elephant...
I love the silhouette this monkey made.
The Giraffes were my favorite of the day.
This ostrich was very territorial..
I don't know what these are, but I thought they were cute.
Einstein monkey
Crock
Mr Turtle
Camel, bet you can't guess what song this prompted me to sing..
We totally understood how this poor llama felt, it was an extremely hot day.
I think he seriously wanted to eat me for a snack.
This little baby monkey was highly entertaining to watch. He helped us end our day on a high note.
Great day at the zoo! Check that off our list!
*Heads up: the robot dinosaurs seem to be a big hit so the zoo is extra crowded this summer.

















No comments:
Post a Comment