Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Place Of Our Own

First of all I would like to say THANK YOU to the Abbotts. Bruce and Karen are the best in-laws a girl could ever ask for. Thank you so much for letting us stay with you guys till we got on our feet and figured out how to mesh two lives in to one. Thank you to both of our parents for all the moving help. 6 hands make much lighter work than 2. Thank you all for always supporting us in all we do :) Finally, thank you to all the many amazing and generous people who gave us nearly everything we needed to start our life together. We got some pretty sweet wedding presents.

This post has been a long time coming... I've been dying to show off our new pad... Unfortunately the internet we have at the moment is a tad slow...
I will be patient and wait for the pics to upload.. I will...

It's amazing how quickly a little home comes together. We moved in this last Saturday and already it feels like home. I know the feeling of being excited to do my own dishes and cook dinner wont last forever... so I'm enjoying it for now. It feels so good to hang pictures on the wall and feel like my vagabond days are finally over. Since starting college three years ago I feel like I have been living out of a suitcase. Our walk-in closet is my new best friend. For Marty, this is his first real moving out experience. Other than his mission, he's always been able to call the Abbott house home. I think he's loving being the man of the house.

We decided to move over Weber's spring break so I would have plenty of time to set up and organize everything. Well... It's day two of spring break and I feel like there's really nothing much to do.. I just have a few little projects like painting the furniture I used all through high school to look more grown up and match our new place. ( example: the nightstand you see below, I'm going to paint it black)


Our bedroom! This picture doesn't give our massive mighty headboard justice.

The bathroom: the first room I got completed 

I'll post more pics as soon as we get a better connection. Enjoy the little preview :) 
Of course our friends are always welcome to come see everything for themselves... 


2 comments:

  1. You are a pretty good interior decorator! I am getting a place with Brid this Fall and we are trying to find furniture. And I am trying to find some inspiration to pull a bunch of mismatched family pieces together....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! That's exciting! I love having a place that is ours.. I'm sure you will love it too. You always had a flair for cute stuff, I'm sure it will look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete