Right now I am sitting in the break room of Broadview University because my wonderful husband volunteered to work over time tonight. It's his first week at his new job and he's trying to be the best employee Broadview has ever seen. I'm sure he's impressed them already. He aced his 3 weeks of training and he started working on site on Monday.
Marty is an admissions rep.
What does that mean?
Well it means he makes a kajillon phone calls every day trying to set up interviews for people to come and apply to go to school here. He told me that out of every 300 phone calls he'll get 5-6 yes answers and out of those only one will actually try for acceptance. Rough.
Luckily Marty doesn't get discouraged easily ( one of his many lovable qualities)
and he loves people, so the opportunity to interact with people all day keeps him going.
I was glad for the opportunity to see where he worked.
& I loved the idea of bringing him dinner in our little red cooler :)
When I first got here I told the receptionist that I was looking for Marty Abbott and could she please direct me to his cubicle.
She responded with "are you related?"
To which I smiled and said maybe a little too proudly... " I'm his wife."
-Man I love saying that :)
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment