Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break 2011

I very much enjoyed spring break this year…

Time with Marty: We finally have our own place! We feel like we’re real grown-up married people now. It’s so nice to unwind from our days together. Marty truly is my very best friend. I feel so blessed to be madly in love with my husband ;) It’s so nice to have a place that is 100% US. Our styles came together perfectly and created a pretty sweet little home. I’m excited everyday for him to come home from work. I know we’re going to have many happy days in this apartment.




Time with Family: Friday- My sister Missy came for the weekend. I’ve been dying to have her over for a weekend and it was nice to finally have one. We did what sisters do. We talked, laughed, and teased each other. I felt like a kid again. With Pizza, hot tubing, and movies, we had a great old time. Saturday- Marty and I had the privilege of watching my little brother Bryce go through the temple for the first time. I love watching my brother prepare for a mission. I’m excited for him to serve the Lord and become a man. After the temple we met up at my parents house for some Chinese take-out :) Sunday- We had dinner with the Abbott Family. Now all of Marty’s siblings are married, so we had one big happy family dinner (we’re just missing Corey & Bethany their cute kiddies).




Time with Friends: Saturday night- Marty and I had our dear new friends, the Hugies, over for dinner. We were pretty excited to host our first dinner party as a married couple. We probably went a little over board because we were so excited to finally use all of our fancy wedding presents. We ended the night by watching a movie on our projector screen, our little movie theatre turned out freaking sweet! Our first dinner party was a success :)

Time with our New Ward: Marty and I went to our new ward again this Sunday. Let’s just say there are babies, EVERYWHERE! It’s the loudest ward I have ever been in. The amazing thing is, even with sacrament meeting sounding like the monkey house at the Zoo, we still totally felt the spirit. No question, the church is true, no matter what the ward is like. We just have to learn to be humble like little children and be open to the spirit of the meetings.  


Spring break could not have been more perfect. It was just what I needed. Now I just got to buckle down and finish the semester strong! –I couldn’t help reflecting on our last spring break. We spent our break in St. George at my Grandma’s Condo. That was a huge turning point in our relationship. We realized that we could spend 24/7 together and not get sick of each other. That’s still true today :) I love you Marty. I can’t believe we’ve already been through two spring breaks together! I’m excited for many more! Now we just gotta hold on till summer for even more great adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment