Despite the obvious differences this Christmas, there were still some traditions that were in tact. After dinner we gathered around as my Grandpa read the Christmas story from the bible. When Grandpa Max and Grandma Mary left for the night , we all piled into the living room and watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the old cartoon version of course. Next, we opened our traditional Christmas Eve gift, Pajamas! Then we all got changed, and headed out to look at Christmas lights.
I matched with my mom this year :]
Christmas day we woke up to cinnamon rolls and breakfast casserole. When we finished eating we exchanged gifts, everyone was so thoughtful as usual. Next we headed over to church for a special Christmas program. We had a very musical sacrament meeting, with brief talks in between songs. I was so happy to see my ward family, I just love the Granite 6th ward!
After church, we counted down the minuets till Elder Bryce Boswell would call home. I thought my mom was going to burst, she was so excited! We got to talk to him for a good long time and he's doing great and still loving the work. He's still same old Bryce.. for those who know him, don't worry, he was still cracking jokes and sounding like himself.
Lastly, we ate a delicious Christmas feast with all the trimmings. Then we said our good byes and headed back to South Ogden.. Only to do it all over again with Marty's side of the family the next day :) I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
Ps. Stay tuned for posts on our trip to San Diego!

No comments:
Post a Comment