Friday, December 16, 2011

Nanny no more

Today is my last day as a nanny. I've been both looking forward to this day and dreading it. I've been a nanny for baby Isaac since July. He was nearly 3 months old when I started and now he's 8 months old. I have watched the little bug change a ton! He used to not even be able to lift his head and now he's not only crawling but he's starting to pull himself up on furniture and stand! I've enjoyed watching him grow (he's almost doubled in weight since I started) and become more mobile. I've gained a new appreciation for the human body and how resilient it really is. I feel like I have learned and grown as much or more than Isaac. I have learned how to do everything for a baby, from changing diapers to rocking him to sleep. I know I didn't have to experience the sleep deprivation that new moms go through, but I feel a lot more prepared than I ever have in my life for the day that Marty and I add to our family. I am grateful I had this experience. Not everyday was picture perfect, but I learned more on the screaming, hair pulling, pee fountain days, than on the happy sweet tender days. I learned that patience and deep breathing can go a long way. I learned that most problems can be solved with food. And I learned that sometimes pulling little ones closer when they push you away is exactly what they really need. I have also had a tiny taste of the joy that a new life can bring. Seeing the world through a brand new pair of eyes is good for the soul. Baby giggles can cure anything. And spending all day with a baby has made me more sure than ever that we have a divine Heavenly Father who smiles and watches us the same way we watch an infant. This experience has not been an easy one, but I know we would all become better people if we slowed down and spent some time with a baby every once in a while.

And now for the parade of cuteness...








I'll miss you sweet baby...

Now it's back to school until I graduate! 
But first, I'm leaving for a week to San Diego with my family tomorrow, (without Marty, so take care of him and make sure he's eating if you see him). Then Christmas! & then our anniversary! I'm ready for the next chapter of my life to begin. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay and I'm sorry at the same time :) What a cute little guy.

    ReplyDelete