Wednesday, December 28, 2011

San Diego (part 1)

Last week I had the opportunity to go with my family to San Diego, CA. We had a blast! I am so grateful they let me tag along, even though I'm married and don't live with them anymore. I enjoyed catching up with my mom, dad, and sister Missy. We were gone from December 17th-23rd, and we were in San Diego for the 18th-21st.  On the way down we stayed the night at my "Gramma" Carol's house in St. George. She's always such a wonderful hostess and she went all out with a red and green themed early Christmas dinner. The next day we drove from St. George to California, the drive felt like FOREVER! We stopped briefly at some outlet malls in Vegas and California to stretch our legs. We were so relieved when we finally found our way on Shelter Island Dr and pulled into Humphrey's Half Moon Inn & Suites.


The pool and hot tub...

We were pleasantly surprised to see a boat parade as we arrived. 

The next morning I took some better pictures of where we were staying (bottom left is the room we stayed in).

This is the view from the back deck ↑

 My dad and I watched in awe as this huge boat pulled into the harbor. 

The first thing we did Monday morning was go to Sea World! (the happiest place on earth, in my opinion)

Arctic exhibit: up close and personal with a Walrus.

Arctic exhibit: Beluga Whales (these were my sister's favorites and she took the pics)

Penguin Encounter: fishy smelling heaven

I'm definitely building one of those icy penguin displays when we get a house..

Next year's Christmas tree all planned out!

When I grow up I'm taking his job...

I was pretty much in heaven at this point. What more could a penguin lover ask for?

This was the first show we went to. Hammy the pig was a crowd favorite.

Shamu Show: amazing as always

Shark and turtle exhibit, the shark tunnel is so awesome and creepy at the same time!

Sea lion show

Dolphin show: please notice (bottom left) she is water-skiing on dolphins!

I wanted to take this seal home he's so cute!

We left shortly after the Seal exhibit due to cold and wet weather (we went back the next day, no worries).

After we warmed up we headed over to Seaport Village for some Christmas Shopping! 

Day 1 ended with a nice soak in the hot tub... 

No comments:

Post a Comment