Wednesday, December 28, 2011

San Diego (part 2)

Tuesday started out with a trip to Cabrillo National Monument. The main features there were the Point Loma Lighthouse, the military museum, and tide pools. My mom has a thing for lighthouses, and I'm beginning to think I do too. Lighthouses have a certain mysterious old-fashion charm about them.


↓ Point Loma Lighthouse ↑

This light house was only in use for about 30 years. There's another Lighthouse down by the beach that was in use for 70 years after Point Loma was no longer used. 


I loved the freedom to just explore the ocean and the tide pools!

I'm pretty proud of the little crab that I captured (top photo). 

After Cabrillo, we headed back to Sea World to ride the rides and see the night time Christmas shows. 

I was amazed how Sea Lions barking "jingle bells" and singing "joy to the world" while killer whales did flips put me in the Christmas spirit. 

We were pretty exhausted after SeaWorld, and after some quick errands, and another soak in the hot tub we were done for the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment