Today we went with my parents to the desert to participate in my dad's favorite hobby, flying model planes. Marty is a natural, my dad nick-named him "Marty Mcfly". This video ↓ is of the first take-off of the day.
We made it through the day with only minor plane crashes. Luckily the dirt was soft enough to cushion the blow. Marty got his exercise chasing down the planes.
We saw this little parachute plane flying around. Marty and I definitely need to try this someday...
This is how you power stereos in the desert. We are legit.
I was amazed by all the cool patterns made by nature.
Birdie footprints ↑
We also saw some impressive anthills.
These little guys are such hard workers!
I made this when we came here last year.
I was happy to see that our rock art was still there a year later :)
We were pleasantly surprised when we came across out state flower. It's amazing any flowers can grow in those harsh conditions.
Today was also my parents' 25th anniversary. ♥
We hope to be as happy as them in another 24.5 years :) I think we'll follow their example and celebrate anniversaries doing the things we love.

















No comments:
Post a Comment