Today's recipe comes from a cute little blog I discovered a few weeks ago called Chef in Training. It's the perfect blog for any newlywed learning how to cook real food for the first time (or really anyone interested in simple yummy recipes). Check this out ↓
Crock Pot Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
4 frozen chicken breasts (mine weren't frozen and they turned out just fine)
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
1 can pineapple chunks, drain half the juice out
Crushed red pepper flakes (optional, I left them out and it tastes just great)
Spray the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray and add chicken breasts.
Stir soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and pineapple chunks (with half of the juice) together.
Pour over the chicken.
Sprinkle as many red pepper flakes on top as desired.
Cook on high for 4-6 hours. ( 4 for not frozen )
Shred chicken with two forks in the crock pot and serve over rice.
You can also save some of the sauce if you like it a little bit more saucy and drizzle it over rice and chicken.
Enjoy!
I'm a huge fan of this crock pot. It has little clamps to hold the lid on, perfect for travel. & it has little changeable tags so you can write what you're cooking (cute huh?)
My stomach growled ALL day!!! It smelled SOOOO good!
Here's the finished product served over brown rice ↓
So yummy! I made my husband very happy.
Today was made more awesome by the fact that I finally got to spend some time with my room mate turned sister-in-law, Jill.
Me, Jill, and our room mate Natalie @ our other roomy's reception.
(Congrats Britt & Seth on your first anniversary!)
Jill was one of my room mates at Utah State while I was dating Marty. Then Marty and I got the great idea to set up Jill with Marty's brother Brian... and the rest is history...
The only bummer about today was I had to carry our groceries for a block because they are resurfacing our parking lot...
The things I take for granted everyday..
Overall, another great day for the Abbotts :)

No comments:
Post a Comment