We arrived to Bear Lake Friday evening. We were amazed by the amount of water there was this year! Driving through Logan Canyon to the lake was both beautiful and terrifying. The Logan river was gushing! There were places where water completely covered bridges and walkways. I have never seen that river look so angry. However, when we got to the lake it was the fullest i've seen it in a decade or more. The beach is nearly gone in some areas! The only downer is it's still pretty cold up there, the water was only a mere 56°. I definitely stuck to the hot tub this weekend.
On our way home we decided to stop for some "Famous" shakes.
Non of us got raspberry though... Raspberry days aren't till the beginning of August, plus Oreo was calling my name.
We also walked around the little shops around town. Missy and I got bottle cap necklaces (I got the sail boat).
On our way up the canyon we stopped to do the Limber Pine Trail. I wanted to walk the trail because i have many fond memories of doing so, however this time was a different story... There were bugs everywhere, there was still snow on the ground, and we accidentally took the long way around the trail.
Despite all of that, the trail was absolutely beautiful! But, learn from our experience and don't go on the Limber Pines Trail till the end of summer (unless you like bug bites and snow).
(closer view)
There's nothing quite like walking through a forest.
I have decided this is officially the summer of yellow flowers.
The trail is famous for its literally limber pine trees. They grew this way because of wind and heavy snow followed by sunlight. Despite hard years and breaks the trees found a way to continue growing onward and upward.
Even though the trail was pretty, we were all relived to be back in the car and on our way up Logan canyon.
We made a quick stop in Brigham City to see the progress of the new temple.
It's already so beautiful.. I'm excited to go there someday!
We ended the weekend with a visit to my home ward to hear Melissa speak in church. She did a great job and it was fun to see my dear old friends and neighbors.
We're excited to go to Bear Lake this weekend for the 4th!
Don't worry Bear Lake, we'll be back soon!

















No comments:
Post a Comment