I felt pretty grown up this Father's day. Marty and I had both of our parents over for dinner (plus my poor little sister who gets dragged to adult dinners). I feel so blessed to have such a great father, father-in-law, and future father of my children. I am also grateful that Marty and my dad have become pretty good friends. I always dreamed of having a husband my dad could hang out with. It's also nice that my parents and in-laws get along so well. It was fun to be able to spend time with both of them at the same time.
I have another recipe to share...
For dinner we had a Cola Roast, I got the recipe out of another great wedding present ↓
(Highly Recommended)
Cola Roast
3lb beef roast
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
2 cans (12 oz each=3cups) cola*
Place roast in greased 4-5 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix. Pour soda over all. Cover and cook on low heat 7-8 hours. Makes 4-6 Servings (generous servings).
Serve with scalloped potatoes
(I served it with brown rice and shredded the meat)
*Diet soda cannot be substituted.
Easy and delicious!
Thank you to our awesome fathers!
We hope we made you feel appreciated on your special day.
(Marty & Bruce)
(Wendy & Brent)



No comments:
Post a Comment